- The students must be able to understand and read drum notation in binary rhythms on the drum kit, including time signatures and meter changes.
- They will learn the correct movement patterns for the drum kit and the correct stroke techniques.
- Using these techniques they will develop their rhythmic independence when playing drum patterns using binary rhythms
- They will be able to transfer patterns and combinations easily to the different types of rhythmic styles dealt with in the first year.
- In the ensemble class they will learn to apply the techniques learnt on their instrument in ensemble playing.
- They will be able to understand the form of a song and be able to play from a lead sheet in the ensemble.
This Module has a duration of 2 semesters and consists of two courses, Main Instrument I and Ensemble IA. The contact teaching time for each course is 90 minutes per week and is evaluated through a graded test at the end of the second semester (short concert, repertoire and technical exercises).
- Dietrich Woehrlin
Total Credit Points: 20