- The students will be able to tune their instruments correctly also using harmonics and will understand how the electronics work.
- They will have a good grounding in basic technique for the pluck and fret hands, pull-off, hammer-on, staccato and legato, slides, bending as well as intervals on the guitar.
- They will be able to play major and minor triads and their inversions, tri-chords, tetra-chords.
- They will be able to play all 7 modes of the Ionian system in all keys as well as play 2 octave major and minor arpeggios in all keys and play major and minor bar chords.
- They understand how to find 7th chord minimal voicings using the Ionian mode and add extensions.
- They will be able to read all the exercises in the curriculum and apply the modes and triads to simple tunes, read and play simple chord progressions, and simple treble clef.
- In the ensemble class they will learn to apply the techniques learnt on their instrument in ensemble playing.
- They will be able to understand the form of a song and be able to play from a lead sheet in the ensemble.
This Module has a duration of 2 semesters and consists of two courses, Main Instrument I and Ensemble IA. The contact teaching time for each course is 90 minutes per week and is evaluated through a graded test at the end of the second semester (short concert, repertoire and technical exercises).
- Girum Mezmur
Total Credit Points: 20