- The students will develop good posture, understand the anatomy of the body and develop proper breathing and warm-up techniques.
- They will be able to sing all the diatonic modes and their triads and seventh chords their inversions in arpeggios.
- They will understand and be able to use tetrachords to develop simple ideas for improvisation, improvise vocal lines over a chord progression and sing simple chord progressions.
- They will be able to analyze both traditional and popular song forms and make vocal harmonizations and arrangements both for a band and in A Capella form
- They will be able to sight sing and sing in parts and work from a written arrangement with song sheets.
- They will understand basic song structures using binary musical form including intros, codas, interludes, solo sections, repeat bars and 1st and 2nd time bars.
This Module has a duration of 2 semesters and consists of two courses, Main Instrument I and Ensemble IA. The contact teaching time for each course is 90 minutes per week and is evaluated through a graded test at the end of the second semester (short concert, repertoire and technical exercises).
- Prudence Katomene
Total Credit Points: 20